Skip to main content

Vanuit Die Restory - Gesprekke Tussen Reisgenote (28)


Eenvoudig Lewe: Boeke En Bronne







Die Gesprek







Elemente Uit Die Gesprek

Boeke:






“The greater part of what my neighbors call good I believe in my soul to be bad, 
and if I repent of any thing it is very likely to be my good behavior.”


“We are made to exaggerate the importance of what work we do; 
and yet, how much is not done by us!”


"Simplify, simplify!"


“The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.”


~ ❖ ~





"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

                                                                                                    Joseph Campbell


"I pray you....
your play needs no excuse.
Never excuse."

                                                                                                William Shakespeare




~ ❖ ~




"A rat race can only be won by rats."

~ ❖ ~




"Make it your goal to live a quiet life, 
minding your own business 
and working with your hands,"

1 Thessalonians 4:11 (NLT)


~ ❖ ~






"How many people have you seen who are more alive at the end of the work day than they were at the beginning? Do we come home from our ‘making a living’ activity with more life? … Where’s all the life we supposedly made at work? For many of us, isn't the truth of it closer to "making a dying"? Aren't we killing ourselves - our health, our relationships, our sense of joy and wonder - for our jobs? We are sacrificing our lives for money – but it’s happening so slowly that we barely notice.”


~ ❖ ~






Not For Sale

That was the surprise.
not the news, 
not what was said,
or wasn't said,
but the discovery, 
the bitter discovery,
that what I had given,
was not for sale.

My heart feels stolen,
my soul feels robbed,
they say, "We were take,
unknowingly,
without a say,
no voice in the matter."

My soul asks, "Why?
why did you do this?
didn't you hear me,
crying out, no?"

My heart cries out, 
"Of course you knew,
or should have known,
there was nothing left,
nothing left to give."

It was a gift,
not a sale,
and now I know, 
the last to know.

So, I take my heart,
I take my soul,
come home now,
"I can hear you."



~ ❖ ~




"There is more to life than increasing its speed."

Gandhi


~ ❖ ~

Webtuistes & Blogs













~ ❖ ~


Musiek







Liefde. Eenvoudig.


George & Matilda

Comments

  1. Julle gesprekke beteken so baie vir my, op my pad van healing, met die hulp wat Matilda my persoonlik gee, sy ken my partykeer beter as wat ek myself ken, help julle my op 'n pad van my egte self the ontdek, sal baie graag 'n werkswinkel wil bywoon wat my kan help met tools en hoe om daarmee the werk.... Julle is twee awesome humans, wees geseënd.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vanuit Die Restory - Gesprekke Tussen Reisgenote (110)

Die Week Na 'n Dood Sebastien op sy gelukkigste - by water, besig om vis te vang Die Gesprek Elemente Uit Die Gesprek Musiek Sebastien het altyd gesê, "I like old music.' Hy het. Billy Joel se Piano Man  was vir baie lank die ringtone op sy foon. Dat ons só gelukkig kan wees, dankie Sebas. George & Matilda  

Vanuit Die Restory - Gesprekke Tussen Reisgenote (66)

  Retreat   Die Gesprek  Elemente Uit Die Gesprek  Musiek Met ons liefde. George & Matilda 

Vanuit Die Restory - Gesprekke Tussen Reisgenote (99)

  'n Duisend Hande Die Gesprek Elemente Uit Die Gesprek ~ ❖ ~ "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative [or creation] there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too.  All sorts of things occur to help one that would otherwise never have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man would have believed would have come his way." W.H. Murray, Skotse ontdekkingsreisiger ~ ❖ ~ Cause of Death Uitstalling Ariana in vervoering  Musiek Wanneer jy dinge nie so krampagtig probeer beheer nie, jou oorgee aan die vloei van gebeure en oop is vir die onverwagte, kan jy saam met Ian McKellen sing. Ian McKellen gee nie om saam met wie hy sing nie, solank hy dit net kan doen.