Skip to main content

From The Restory - Conversations On The Journey (2)

 Easter As Message 


Listen carefully: Unless a grain of wheat is buried in the ground, 

dead to the world, 

it is never any more than a grain of wheat. 

But if it is buried, it sprouts and reproduces itself many times over.

 In the same way, anyone who holds on to life just as it is destroys that life. 

But if you let it go, reckless in your love, you’ll have it forever, real and eternal.


                                                            ‭‭John‬ ‭12:24-25‬ ‭(The Message)


 Our Conversation




Elements From Our Conversation

There is death, destruction, grief, sighs and tears....


Scars of a war, Kyiv, Ukraine, Feb 2022


An old, hauntingly beautiful folk song from Ukraine 

(Click on the link to listen)

Plyve Kacha 


The lyrics, translated into English: 


A duck swims upon the Tysyna [river].

Mother of mine, don't cry for me.

You will cry for me in an evil hour;

I don't know myself where I will die.

I will perish in a strange land,

And who will bear me to the grave?

Foreign people will carry me out.

Won't this be a grief to you, mother?

How ever, little son, could it not bring grief?

You [once] lay upon my heart.

... A duck swims upon the Tysyna.


Life is filled with times of uncertainty, groping about in the dark, waiting




There are also moments of awakening, of exciting new life, transformation 




"Easter is the eruption of life from a tomb as God's huge surprise, 

going in a different direction, and if anything, 

proof that you can never predict how God is going to act next.

I value Easter as the reminder that you never know where life is going to come from next, 

and there's no sense being attached to the day before yesterday 

because the day before yesterday is dead, and today something is alive.

So why not follow the life, and see where it leads, 

with some kind of trust in the spirit's ability to blow where nobody expected to blow, 

and in a direction nobody expected it to go into

- and be willing to be blown away." 


                                                                                 Barbara Brown Taylor


A blessed, meaningful Easter to each one of you.


George and Matilda 

Comments

  1. I found my route to journey through into the world!I always wondered about as to how do I share my belief in God without having to go to church.Most of all not feel vulnerable or worry about being judged because of my belief in God is different from rhe mainstream. I believe in the God in me.The I AM ,MY IMAGINATION ,MY SOUL,MY PRECIOUS BEAUTIFUL MIND ! The freedom of knowing God has my back ,God is in me 24/7/365 Days! God guides me through gut and challenges to flip me back to the awareness God within me!

    Thank you beautiful Souls.
    I am looking forward to journeying along with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing a little of your journey with us.
      Centuries ago, Julian of Norwich said, "Between God and the soul there is no between." Lovely, isn't it! And a truth you instinctively tap into.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vanuit Die Restory - Gesprekke Tussen Reisgenote (66)

  Retreat   Die Gesprek  Elemente Uit Die Gesprek  Musiek Met ons liefde. George & Matilda 

Vanuit Die Restory - Gesprekke Tussen Reisgenote (99)

  'n Duisend Hande Die Gesprek Elemente Uit Die Gesprek ~ ❖ ~ "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative [or creation] there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too.  All sorts of things occur to help one that would otherwise never have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man would have believed would have come his way." W.H. Murray, Skotse ontdekkingsreisiger ~ ❖ ~ Cause of Death Uitstalling Ariana in vervoering  Musiek Wanneer jy dinge nie so krampagtig probeer beheer nie, jou oorgee aan die vloei van gebeure en oop is vir die onverwagte, kan jy saam met Ian McKellen sing. Ian McKellen gee nie om saam met wie hy sing nie, solank hy dit net kan doen.

Vanuit Die Restory - Gesprekke Tussen Reisgenote (110)

Die Week Na 'n Dood Sebastien op sy gelukkigste - by water, besig om vis te vang Die Gesprek Elemente Uit Die Gesprek Musiek Sebastien het altyd gesê, "I like old music.' Hy het. Billy Joel se Piano Man  was vir baie lank die ringtone op sy foon. Dat ons só gelukkig kan wees, dankie Sebas. George & Matilda