Skip to main content

From The Restory - Conversations On The Journey (15)

 

God Is Love 


God is not a sky king who heads an empire;
God is the love that gives itself away for the sake of more love.

                                                                        Cynthia Bourgeault


The Conversation 





Elements From The Conversation 


God protects me from nothing….

So, let's say you have the Scriptures, you have your quiet time with God, and you hear a word. Let's say the text is Jesus saying, "Fear not. Fear not." And in faith, you know that the deathless presence of Jesus, who said that to the disciples, is now saying it to you, telling you not to be afraid. And your heart immediately recognizes it's beautiful, even before you think about it.

Prior to reflecting on it, the heart immediately recognizes the beauty of it. And it intuits that it's beautiful because it's true. That I am to fear not, why? "Fear not, because I am with you always. I am with you always, that's why you are not to be afraid."

And you take it in; you take that in; and you're kind of touched by that. 

And then God says, "Now it's your turn, what do you think? Like, talk to me."

You say, 

"Well, I know this is true. I know it's true. But it's hard for me to take in this presence in my life I know is always there, because it's more like you're a presence who protects me from nothing, even as you unexplainably sustain me in all things. Whatever it means that you love me, means you prevent the scary, unfair things from happening. If that's what it means, you love me, then you don't love me because where in the hell have you been? Seriously. By the way, I got some things going on now that are unresolved. And I'm not so sure I can count on you to get this fixed up, on my terms, because you tend not to operate that way.

 But if I don't panic, if I don't panic and I look deeper, you draw me unexplainably to yourself and you inspire my heart to act in ways that follow the promptings of your will for me through humility, through love, through courage, through patience, and so on. You fashion my heart and lead me onward like this. And in this sense, I know that you're with me."

 And that's the meditation, the meditatio. It's like a dialogue with God.


Center for Action and Contemplation
INTERIOR CASTLE with James Finley and Mirabai Starr
Week Four Course Teaching
 Mansions 3 and 4 with James Finley


Music




Much love. As always.


George and Matilda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vanuit Die Restory - Gesprekke Tussen Reisgenote (66)

  Retreat   Die Gesprek  Elemente Uit Die Gesprek  Musiek Met ons liefde. George & Matilda 

Vanuit Die Restory - Gesprekke Tussen Reisgenote (99)

  'n Duisend Hande Die Gesprek Elemente Uit Die Gesprek ~ ❖ ~ "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative [or creation] there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too.  All sorts of things occur to help one that would otherwise never have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man would have believed would have come his way." W.H. Murray, Skotse ontdekkingsreisiger ~ ❖ ~ Cause of Death Uitstalling Ariana in vervoering  Musiek Wanneer jy dinge nie so krampagtig probeer beheer nie, jou oorgee aan die vloei van gebeure en oop is vir die onverwagte, kan jy saam met Ian McKellen sing. Ian McKellen gee nie om saam met wie hy sing nie, solank hy dit net kan doen.

Vanuit Die Restory - Gesprekke Tussen Reisgenote (110)

Die Week Na 'n Dood Sebastien op sy gelukkigste - by water, besig om vis te vang Die Gesprek Elemente Uit Die Gesprek Musiek Sebastien het altyd gesê, "I like old music.' Hy het. Billy Joel se Piano Man  was vir baie lank die ringtone op sy foon. Dat ons só gelukkig kan wees, dankie Sebas. George & Matilda